Our vision is for all our students to:
- achieve their potential through a culture of high academic, personal and social expectations and aspirations;
- have their needs met and be recognised as individuals through high quality inclusion and pastoral care systems;
- learn in a safe, healthy and stimulating environment in which every child matters and in which parents / carers and the wider community are part of the learning journey;
- enjoy an all-round education beyond academic study, so that each can discover his or her latent talents.
We have aspirations and expectations for our students that they make above average progress and achieve to the very highest level in all that they do. We are inclusive and have that aim for all students relative to their starting points. We represent our vision in the following way:
The five underpinning principles, represented by the pillars in the diagram, drive the delivery of this vision:
- An academic, broad and balanced curriculum based on the traditional subject areas forms a structure for successfully delivering knowledge, skills and understanding;
- Personal Education Plans are provided for every student and teachers at our Schools cater to all students regardless of ability or need. High quality training is regularly provided to assist our staff in the delivery of inclusive learning;
- A strong pastoral system is a key focus of the work of our Schools. Tutors are the main focus of the life of our students and the tutor forms the main contact with parents / carers. The tutor delivers PSHE and citizenship and tracks all elements of the progress of the students in their tutor group;
- Enrichment provides a more rounded learning experience beyond the traditional and allows opportunities to further spark interests in students, discover their talents and develop a love of learning for life;
- Everything that we do in our schools is geared towards future learning and success which is embodied in our motto “providing a foundation for life”. Our Pathways programme is just one small part of this work.
The ethos of all free schools in the Seckford Education Trust is founded on the ‘6Cs to Success’. The 6Cs are co-operation, commitment, community, confidence, challenge and celebration. These form the expectations we have of all our students in all that they do.
Find out how our 6Cs work in practice by clicking here.