SEN Teaching Assistant
SET Ixworth School is ‘an incredibly inclusive environment’ where ‘teaching is strong’ and ‘where pupils and teachers know each other extremely well.’ (OFSTED 2019).
In September 2020, we extended our provision to include a brand new Interaction and Communication Centre for up to 18 Key Stage 3 students in Year 7 and 24 students from Year 8. This centre is part of our mainstream provision, facilitating personalised pathways for each student.
As part of our mission to meet the needs of each and every young person, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an SEN Teaching Assistant to join our close-knit Community at SET Ixworth School.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face;
- Preferably have experience in a secondary school with excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- Be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with students
- Be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
We will offer you:
- An atmosphere of mutual support and cooperation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development across all three free schools;
- A happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students and a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews: please note that interviews are likely to take place online in the first instance.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date; please therefore submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
The Seckford Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).