1:1 Teaching Assistant
We are seeking an outstanding Teaching Assistant to work 1:1, with a keen interest and focus on pastoral support, to join our committed team of support staff. You will help drive attainment and contribute towards building a positive and creative learning environment. You will be working on a 1:1 basis with a student who may have learning, physical or emotional difficulties and or personal care needs.
The Successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face;
- Preferably have experience in a secondary school with excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- Be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with students;
- Be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date; please therefore submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
For more information about the School, please visit our website: https://www.seckfordeducation.org.uk
To request an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to an enhanced DBS (with list checks) and satisfactory references. Only applications submitted using the SET application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education;
- SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Our comprehensive recruitment and selection processes aim to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
We are equally committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to providing equality and fairness in our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.