Seckford Education Trust is always on the lookout for ambitious, enthusiastic and committed people to join our growing team of talented teaching and support staff.
Our Schools champion a unique approach and we believe we offer an exciting educational alternative in the Beccles, Ixworth, Saxmundham and Felixstowe areas. The Trust vision and ethos is designed to develop a lifelong love of learning in all our students and to challenge them to achieve their potential. With us you will be able to influence the development of a group of new schools in the beautiful county of Suffolk. We welcome applications from anyone looking for a new challenge or career progression, whether they are experienced teachers or new entrants into the profession.
Application Forms and Documents
Please click to download the relevant document:
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
- Explanatory Notes
- Job Description – Teacher
- Person Specification – Teacher
- Trust Teachers’ Pay Scale
Seckford Education Trust
Seckford Education Trust are seeking competent and enthusiastic Exam Invigilators to join our teams at SET Saxmundham and SET Beccles schools.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with staff and students alike;
- Supervise students sitting the exams;
- Provide assistance to staff and students where necessary;
- Help set up the exam hall;
- Hand out and collect exam papers;
- Be team players with sound IT skills;
- Be flexible, adaptable and collaborative.
Our schools are 11 to 16 non-selective, inclusive secondary schools.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 28 October 2019
SET Beccles School
Teaching Assistant – Maternity Cover – 37.5 hours per week, 36.4 weeks per year
We are seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our committed team of support staff, on a fixed-term basis to cover a period of Maternity leave, for up to a year. You will help drive attainment and contribute towards building a positive and creative learning environment. You will be working with small groups of students and individuals who may have learning, behavioural, physical or emotional difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face;
- Preferably have experience in a secondary school with excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- Be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with students;
- Be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
We will offer you an atmosphere of mutual support and cooperation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development across all Trust schools.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 11 November 2019
SET Causton Juniors School
Administration Assistant – 37.5 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
SET Causton Junior School is looking for a capable and versatile Administration Assistant who is proactive and hard-working. As part of a small team in a busy school office in the heart of the school, you will be carrying out a wide range and level of duties.
Reporting to the Primary Administration Manager, you will provide any general administrative support as required, including
- Providing a welcoming front line service to all visitors and general reception duties;
- Maintaining student database and parent contact details;
- Administering the admissions process;
- Producing school trip information;
- Complying with policies relating to child protection, safeguarding, attendance (first day calling), and health and safety;
- Developing positive and constructive relationships with staff, parents and pupils;
- Reprographics, typing, collation of documentation, drafting and production of official reports, minute taking;
- Undertaking tours of the school for applicants and parents/carers and new students as requested by the Headteacher.
It would be desirable to have previous experience of working with data management systems but this is not essential as training can be provided. An ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with staff, parents and students is essential, as well as strong IT skills.
Closing date: 9.00am on Friday 25 October 2019
SET Saxmundham School
Teacher of Humanities – Part Time (0.8 FTE)
SET Saxmundham School is part of the Seckford Education Trust, ranked in the top 16 of all MATs in the country in 2018. Saxmundham is a confident and happy place. Our students receive excellent pastoral care and support in a small school setting. Teaching Years 7-11, we are an ambitions, caring and inclusive school, one which believes in each and every student; seeing them as individual and unique with their own strengths and needs.
We are now looking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic part-time Teacher of Humanities to join our Humanities Department. You must be committed to raising the standard of our students by creative and engaging teaching.
We operate an engaging and exciting Enrichment programme on a Wednesday afternoon. Within each post there is the opportunity to take an active lead or volunteer role within our Enrichment Programme. We are particularly interested in staff showing a desire to become involved in our CCF (Combined Cadets Force) and DoE (Duke of Edinburgh) programmes. All our teachers help nurture the potential in every student, inspiring and developing them to ensure they succeed.
If you are passionate about teaching Humanities, and want to work in an environment where you will really make a difference, SET Saxmundham School is the place for you.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 28 October 2019