All schools in the Seckford family are governed by a board of trustees. The Secretary of State for Education and the Seckford Foundation have the ability to nominate individuals or charities to become members. Trustees on the board are appointed by the members. The current members of the Trust are the Seckford Foundation, Mr J S Fletcher, Mr R Finbow and Mr J Wellesley Wesley (Chair of the Trust).
The Trust Board includes two parent directors, who have to be a parent/carer of a student at one of our schools at the time they are elected. An election is required if the number of applicants is greater than the number of vacancies.
Sub-committees feed into the Trust Board, namely the Finance Audit and Resources Committee, the Academic Committee and the Pastoral Committee. In addition there are Local Advisory Bodies for each of the Trust’s Schools (Beccles, Ixworth, Maidstone and Causton, and Saxmundham). Click here for the terms of reference of these committees and Local Advisory Bodies.
The governance structure of Seckford Education Trust and its family of schools is depicted in the chart below:
The Chairs of the Trust Board and its Committees are as follows:
- Chair of Trust Board – Mr J Wellesley Wesley
- Chair of Finance Audit and Resources Committee – Mr J Chin
- Chair of Academic Committee – Mr G Bruce
- Chair of Pastoral Committee – Mr G Watson
If you wish to contact the trustees please call 01394 615100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Chair of Trustees, Seckford Education Trust, Marryott House, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 4JJ.
Local Advisory Bodies
Seckford Education Trust has Local Advisory Bodies for all its schools. Find out more about the Local Advisory Body at each of our schools by clicking on the links below:
- SET Beccles School
- SET Ixworth School
- SET Maidstone Infant and SET Causton Junior Schools
- SET Saxmundham School
Trust Leadership Group
The Trust Leadership Group (or TLG) is the first tier of operational leadership of the Trust, dealing specifically with strategic issues affecting the whole organisation. Members of the group are:
- Mr G Watson – Chief Executive of the Seckford Education Trust (Chair)
- Mr M Barrow – Chief Operating Officer (Education)
- Mrs L Girling – Primary School Lead
Local Senior Leadership Teams
Each school is supported by the TELT and led by the Headteacher with a Senior Leadership Team (SLT) comprising of the the Assistant Headteacher(s) and members of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT), including Subject Leaders in key subjects:
- SET Beccles School – Mrs H Philpott (Head of School), Mr J Pentney (Trust Assistant Headteacher (Progress and Standards)) and Mrs S Power (Trust Assistant Headteacher) ;– ELT includes: Miss J Reeve (SENDCo), Mr S Craft (Year 11 Lead)
- SET Ixworth School – Mrs P Parker (Head of School), Mr R Pitcock (Assistant Head of School), Mr M Jackson (Assistant Head of School); ELT includes: Mr C Beales (Lead Practitioner (Maths and Numeracy)), Mr H Cooper (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mr B Hale (SENDCo)
- SET Saxmundham School – Mrs Lizzie Girling, (Head of School), Miss S Marsden (Director of Pastoral), Mrs W Sheehan (SENDCO)
- SET Maidstone & Causton Schools – Mrs L Thompson Head of School), and Miss J Urey (Deputy Head of School); ELT: Ms H Brunning (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mrs L Friston (Business Manager)